I start off the first lockdown working from home and loving life. I didn’t need anyone attitude crept in, and I overly isolated myself. It became obvious that I wasn’t coping and went back to the office for mental health reasons. This wasn’t easy to start with as I felt like I didn’t want to be there, and it took me a while to settle back into it.
I sought help and now have an online counselling session once a week, which has really helped. I have little pamper sessions at home when I feel anxious. I’m eating healthier, and drinking more water. I should be walking more often, but I am trying! I’m using my Fitbit, and mindfulness app, and listening to calming sounds.
MY LOCKDOWN SURVIVAL TIPS:
- One thing I learnt was to not spend the day in your PJs. Do yourself up as you would normally when leaving the house.
- Read more.
- If something is bothering you, weigh it up… if it’s out of your control, ‘put the hot rock down’. Don’t waste your energy exhausting yourself trying to work it all out.
- Do something that makes you happy for five minutes. It could be anything; song, dance or both.
- Talk to someone who calms you.
- Bake a cake, get creative, rediscover things that you used to love doing, but that time stole away.